Chocolate Cheesecake Petit FoursFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- . shopping list
- chocolate cookie Crust: shopping list
- 2 dozen chocolate sugar cookies shopping list
- or 8 1/2 ounce package chocolate wafers shopping list
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch bits and chilled shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- cheesecake Filling: shopping list
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee shopping list
- dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- Optional Decoration: shopping list
- chocolate coffee beans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use 3 disposable aluminum “roll” pans 8 5/16 x 5 5/16 x 1 inch, or two 9-inch springform pans.
- To make the crust, chop the cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs are formed.
- Add the chilled butter cubes and cinnamon, and process until evenly blended.
- Divide this mixture equally among the pans and, using your fingers, press evenly on the bottom to form a crust.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double broiler over hot, but not boiling water. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Please the softened cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and, gradually increasing speed, beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer speed and beat in the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, then the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Beat in the cocoa, vanilla, coffee, sour cream and finally the chocolate, making sure the mixture is well blended after each addition, and scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pans.
- Bake for a half hour, turn off the heat and leave the cakes in the over another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Just before serving, unmold the cakes from the pans and place them on a cutting board.
- Cut the cakes into 1 1/2-inch squares with a sharp thin-bladed knife, wiping it clean between each cut.
- Top each square with a chocolate coffee bean.
- NOTE: Baking the cheesecake in disposable aluminum pans makes unmolding quite simple; snip the corners of the pans with scissors, bend the sides down and unmold the cake.
- This cheesecake keeps in the refrigerator for up to a week and freezes beautifully.
- Defrost before serving.
- Makes 45 “Petit Fours” or two 9-inch cakes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
I like the idea of baking in a rectangular pan and then cutting into petit four shapes. neat!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it