Squash Stuffed Chicken BreastFrom lisamariecr 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced acorn squash shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour for coating shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter or margarine.
- Add the squash, green bell pepper, onion and celery.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and mix together.
- Slice chicken breasts on the side about 3/4 of the way through.
- Stuff mixture evenly into each slit chicken breast until full.
- Dredge each breast in flour to coat completely, and brown coated chicken in skillet.
- Place browned chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, cover and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
The Cooklisamariecr Hanceville, AL
The Rating4 people
My family loves squash. I can stuff the breasts, but I promise you, it will NOT be evenly LOL. ^5.a1patti in Salem loved it
Was thinking of doing bone in Chicken with squash, wild rice & cranberries & found yours. High Forks to you & thank you for getting my brain as hungry as my tummy.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it