Chili-lime SorbetFrom sosousme 4 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, lime zest and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, then add the jalapenos and lime juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture into a shallow metal pan. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Place a stainless steel mixer bowl in the freezer.
- Beat the egg whites in another mixer bowl until foamy. Add 1/4 cup sugar gradually and beat until soft peaks form.
- Scrap the chilled lime mixture into the chilled bowl. Whip with a fork until broken, but not slushy. Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites, when incorporated, fold in the remaining whites.
- Spoon into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufactures directions.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!