Cream of Curried Vegetable and Split Pea SoupFrom darmorrow 7 years ago
- 1 ½ cups yellow split peas shopping list
- ¼ tsp tumeric shopping list
- 4 ½ c water shopping list
- 1 tsp oil shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 T curry shopping list
- 28 oz tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 1 finely chopped onion shopping list
- 4 ½ cups of puree shopping list
- 2 finely chopped carrots shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 stalks of finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- chopped coriander for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place top three ingredients in heavy pan and bring to boil.
- Stir often.
- Cook over medium heat, partially covered for 40 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- This should make 4 ½ cups of puree, add water to bring to that quantity.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in dutch oven. When hot add curry and immediately add the onion, carrots and celery.
- Saute the vegetables, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, the tomatoes, puree, pepper and salt.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add milk and more water to bring to consistency you like.
- Heat thoroughly and garnish with coriander.
The Cookdarmorrow North Vancouver, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!