Sweet Corn Cake w Agave NectarFrom lavachickie 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup masa harina shopping list
- 3 Tbsp cold water shopping list
- 1 can cream corn shopping list
- 4 Tbsp cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (you could also use honey, or plain sugar; adjust to taste) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/3 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Whip butter and shortening until fluffy and creamy.
- Add masa harina gradually and mix thoroughly.
- Add water gradually, mixing thoroughly.
- Add can of cream corn, stirring into mixture.
- Mix cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, bakng powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add the butter-masa mixture, mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture into an 8" greased baking pan.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees F until corn cake is form, 40-50 minutes.
- If you'd like, take the foil off the corn take and turn the broiler on for just a minute or two to golden up the top. Without doing this, it looks a little pale. But it taste fine either way.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving with a scoop or spoon.