Hard-boiled eggsFrom xnipek 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place a cooking trivet in a two-quart saucepan to keep the eggs from touching the pan bottom. Actually, the size saucepan will be determined by the number of eggs - keep to a single layer of eggs.
- Use a sharp point to carefully tap a 1/8-inch hole in the air-chamber end of each egg. If unable to tell which end has the chamber, submerge the egg in a bowl of water, the air chamber end will raise up. Without the hole, the eggs will tend to split open.
- Place the eggs in the saucepan and fill with cool water to cover by an inch. If the eggs fill the bottom, use a little more water.
- Place a lid on saucepan, place the saucepan over high heat only until the water boils, then remove from the heat.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain, refill with cool water, then shell the eggs and use as desired.
The Cookxnipek Cabot, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!