Praline Candied Garnet YamsFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 5 lbs Garnet yams or sweet potatoes,of equal size shopping list
- 1/2 c cold unsalted butter,cut in 8 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c cane syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 3/4 c pecans,coarse chopped shopping list
- 1/3 c each flour and packed lt. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400. Place yams on baking sheet and roast 50 mins or till they are just barely tender yet still hold their shape. Let cool completely at room temperature.
- Remove skins from yams and cut into 1/2" slices. Butter 2 qt. baking dish with 1 Tbs of butter. Arrange slices in dish.slightly overlapping. Heat oven to 375.
- Combine syrup,salt and pepper and another 4 Tbs of butter in a small saucepan over med. heat until butter melts;whisk to combine. Pour mixture over yams.
- In small bowl,combine pecans,flour,sugar and cinnamon;add remaining 3 Tbs butter and rub in with fingers till mixture is evenly moistened and forms clumps;sprinkle over yams.
- Bake 35 mins. or till topping is browned.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
This is decadent! Saved for Thanksgiving, for sure!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
oh yes i love these pleclare !!!! yummy for sure !!!........you are making me hungry so early lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Nicehungrybear in Miner loved it