Peanut-Crusted Crab CakesFrom cayennekitchen 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup cracker meal shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh lump crab meat shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium skillet cook onions 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. In a large mixing bowl combine onion, carrots, 1/4 cup cracker meal, egg, mayonnaise, mustard, and Old Bay. Add crabmeat. Mix well with hands.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside. In a shallow dish or pie plate combine finely chopped nuts and remaining 1/4 cup of cracker meal. Mound about 1/3 cup of crab mixture on top of the cracker mixture. Place crab cake on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crab mixture and crumb mixture. Cover crab cakes with another piece of waxed paper; chill in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a large skillet heat peanut oil until hot. Cook crab cakes, half at a time, over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway through cooking. Add additional oil during cooking, if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- These are some good crab cakes!
The Cookcayennekitchen Longmont, CO
The Rating5 people
Sounds great, honey roasted nuts would bring a whole new taste to the crab cakes, thanks for a great post....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sound like a winner to me!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!