Versatile Pineapple Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 3 cups Quark ( or Greek yoghurt,, or cream cheese, or ricotta, or mascarpone cheese ) shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- pineapple glaze shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 , 1 lb 4 oz can crushed pineapple shopping list
- maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Prep does not include the hour in off oven and chill time
- Mix flour and sugar together in a medium-size bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla; mix lightly with fork just until pasty holds together and leaves side of bowl clean.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Roll 1/3 of chilled dough to cover bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Grease sides of the spring-form pan; roll remaining dough into 2 strips about 15 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide; press onto sides of cooled pan and fit together with bottom.
- Refrigerate until filling is prepared.
- Blend Quark, sugar, flour and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating to blend each addition; pour into crust.
- Bake in a very hot oven (475 degrees) for 12 minutes; lower temperature to 250 degrees and bake 1 1/2 hours longer.
- Turn off oven; let cake remain in oven 1 hour.
- Cool and then chill thoroughly
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Slowly stir in pineapple.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, until mixture thickens and bubbles 1 minute; cool and spread on cheesecake.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries.
- Best served cold. Makes 16 servings.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
I Love Yogurt56 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere49 members