Mexican Shrimp ScampiFrom floridiangourmet 7 years ago
- 12 jumbo shrimp. shopping list
- 1 TBS Floridian Gourmet seafood spice shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin. shopping list
- 1/2 cup of base tomtato sauce ( see my recipe) shopping list
- 2 TBS base ancho sauce ( see my recipe) shopping list
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil. shopping list
- * you can substitute another seafood spice such as seafood magic for ours since it won't be available for another month or so. shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and devein the shrimp then butterfly them.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the seafood spice,cumin and mix with hands making sure to coat all shrimp.
- Place in the refridgerator and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of the tomato base sauce and 2 TBS of the ancho base in a fry pan. Turn burner to low and do not allow to boil but rather warm through.
- In a fry pan add 2 TBS olive oil and on a medium heat allow oil to get hot ( around 2 minutes).
- Add shrimp and saute for 2 minutes then flip shrimp over and repeat until shrimp are done around another 2 minutes.
- Place shrimp on a plate and drizzle with sauce.
The Cookfloridiangourmet Hudson, FL
The Rating2 people
sounds fabuloussparow64 in Sweetwater loved it