Mexican Potato SoupFrom jennyfur007 5 years ago
- 1 can pinto beans (Do not drain) shopping list
- 1 large jar salsa (I use La Victoria) shopping list
- 1 large jar water shopping list
- 2 cans Mexican stewed tomatoes; diced shopping list
- 2 cans water shopping list
- 1 whole clove Garlic; diced shopping list
- 1 large Onion; diced shopping list
- 1 green Bell Pepper; diced shopping list
- 1 link kielbalsa sausage (I use turkey); chopped into 1/4 rounds shopping list
- 8-10 medium potatoes; peeled and chopped shopping list
- monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese in large soup pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer with lid at an angle for two hours. Serve hot soup with cheese.
- This soup improves with age. I like to make it a day or two before I serve it. Oh so delicious!