Rosemary FlatbreadFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 cups plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbs roasted garlic, mashed with 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- extra olive oil for spreading shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Mix dry ingredients, including rosemary, in a large bowl. Stir in yogurt and 1 tbs olive oil. Kneed until dough is smooth. Cover dough with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 1 hour (or half hour at altitude over 3500 feet).
- Cut dough into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. On a lightly floured board, roll each ball into a 6-inch circle. Heat a cast-iron skillet and brush skillet with additional olive oil.
- cooking one flatbread at a time, cook 2 minutes on one side and flip and cook 2 minutes on other side. Bread should puff and have nice browned spots on it.
- Brush finished bread with roasted garlic and oil, sprinkle lightly with a pinch kosher salt.