Alouette Stuffed Peppadew PeppersFrom corrinnej 5 years ago
- 1 jar (14 oz) Mild Whole Sweet Peppadew® Piquante peppers shopping list
- 1 pkg (6.5oz). Alouette® pepper Medley Soft Spreadable cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley shopping list
- For fried Peppadew® peppers: shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 ea. eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp. milk shopping list
- 2 cups panko or bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 qt. vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Drain Peppadew® peppers on drying rack or paper towels. Fill pastry bag with the Alouette® Pepper Medley and pipe into each Peppadew® peppers. Place on serving tray. Top with chopped parsley and serve.
- For delicious fried Peppadew® peppers, place the stuffed Peppadew® peppers in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Set up a standard breading procedure using 3 shallow containers. Put flour in the first one, eggs and milk in the second, and bread crumbs in the third one. Beat the eggs and milk together. Dredge each of the stuffed Peppadew® peppers first in flour, then egg wash and then in bread crumbs. Transfer the breaded stuffed Peppadew® peppers to a sheet tray. Place in the freezer again for 15 minutes. Repeat the breading procedure a second time. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat or preheat deep fryer at 350 °F. Gently place the stuffed Peppadew® peppers in the deep fryer and fry until golden brown for about 2 min. With a slotted spoon remove the stuffed Peppadew® peppers from fryer and place on sheet tray lined with paper towels to blot. Serve warm.