Sirloin tips with caramelized onion brandy sauceFrom szq 4 years ago
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tips, cut into 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 3 tbsp brandy shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (I just use olive oil) shopping list
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced thinly and separated into rings shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese(optional) shopping list
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped finely(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt and pepercorns. Add beef and coat with flour mixture. Do not skip this step. It's what will make the sauce. Transfer to crock pot.
- Combine broth, brandy, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in small bowl. Pour over beef.
- Combine butter (or olive oil), brown sugar and red pepper in small bowl. Add onion and transfer to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- You can stop here and serve. But if not, you would turn the crock pot to hight and stir in heavy cream, cover, and cook for 15 minutes longer. Garnish with cheese and parsley.
- Serve with wild rice, white rice or mashed potatoes.
- I hope you enjoy it! We do.