Pork Chops and PearsFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- 4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- coarsley ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Cholula hot sauce, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs flour shopping list
- 2 large pears, sliced rounds shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Soak pork chops in 1 cup of milk for 15 minutes. Season chops with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Combine wheat flour and germ; coat chops in flour mixture. Brown chops and remove from skillet.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and saute. Add a little more oil if needed. Add garlic, 1 tbs flour and brown. Gradually add sauce mixture, stirring as it thickens.
- Place pork chops back in skillet, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add sliced pears 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve over steamed brown rice.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating2 people
Nice recipe for chops and pears.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it