Cast-iron Skillet Corn BreadFrom kimichka25 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees.
- Grease the bottom and side of a cast-iron skillet, then put it in the oven while you make the batter.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add the cornmeal and blend with a spoon.
- Add the eggs, drippings, milk and sugar.
- Lightly stir until blended.
- Remove skillet from the oven and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
- Variation: For jalapeno cheese cornbread, Add 3/4 C. grated cheddar cheese and 1 small can of diced jalapenos (drained)