Moms Secret Recipe Beef StewFrom canned_food_fan 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) beef broth shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cups baby carrots or 2 cups sliced carrots, 1-inch thick shopping list
How to make it
- Toss beef with flour in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high. Heat until hot. Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, broth, onion, pepper and thyme; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the beef is just tender.
- Add the potatoes and carrots; return to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 280; Total fat 9g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 510mg; Carbohydrate 28g; Fiber 3g; Protein 23g; Vitamin A 90%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value