Molten chocolate cakeFrom szq 8 years ago
- unsweetened baking cocoa shopping list
- 6 oz. semisweet baking chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 whole eggs shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- fresh raspberries, strawberries to garnish(optional) shopping list
- Additional powdered sugar to garnish (optional) shopping list
- Scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare 6 (6oz.)custard cups with butter, dust with cocoa. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat whole eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk until well blended. Beat in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and flour. Divide batter evenly among prepared custard cups. Place cups on cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still soft. The top will be puffed and cracked. Let stand 3 minutes. Run a small knife along sides to loosen. Immediately put a serving plate upside down over each cup, turn plate and custard over carefully. Custard cup will be hot. Remove cup.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and sliced berries.
- Serve warm.
- If you cook too long, it's not ruined, the cake just won't have such a melted center.
The Cookszq Suffolk, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!