Coconut Cookies Gluten FreeFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt together until they form soft peaks, then sprinkle in the sugar and continue beating until peaks are stiff.
- Add almond extract and mix to blend in
- With a wooden spoon stir in half the coconut;then the nutmeg;then the cornstarch; then finally fold in the remaining coconut.
- Using a scoop or just working with two spoons, form balls a couple of inches apart on your cookie sheets--aim for about 10 so that you can keep them on the same sheet.
- Press half a maraschino cherry in the top of cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes until they are a light and golden colour.
- Remove cookie tray from oven, remove the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool.