Old Fashioned Sweet Potato PieFrom rescue_ranger 7 years ago
- 2 cups peeled, cooked sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 stick of melted butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 3 to 4 tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust shopping list
- For the whipped cream shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 tablespoons bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1) For the filling, using an electric hand mixer, combine the potatoes, 1 cup of the sugar, the butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, and spices. Mix thoroughly. Add the milk and continue to mix. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 2) Place the pie on a rack and cool to room temp.
- 3) Whip the heavy cream till stiff peaks form and serve a dollop on your pie
- For the whipped cream
- 4) In a well chilled bowl or in a bowl over ice, whip together, with a whisk or hand mixer, all ingredients. Continue mixing until soft peaks form
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
The Rating8 people
ok where have you been ?????
lets hear it ????? LOL
this is always a great dessert thank u.......
nice to see you always !!! have a nice holiday!!
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow! fantastic pumpkin pie, lots of flavor high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love ithungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!