Harissa Chicken Stuffed With YamFrom floridiangourmet 6 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 TBS crushed d'arbol chilli shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp corriander shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1-2 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 1 golden yam shopping list
- 3 TBS mango puree ( see my recipe) shopping list
- 2 strips of bacon fried crisp and rough chopped shopping list
- 8 pecans rough chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Microwave the yam for 5-6 minutes ( poke holes in first) lol.
- Combine the garlic, corriander,cumin and d'arbol in a mortar. Add the olive oil and mash and grind it into a paste with the pestle.
- Slice pockets in the chicken breast.
- Rub Harrisa ( spice paste) on both sides of chicken but not on the inside.
- marinate for at least 4 hrs or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Take peel off of yam
- Combine mango puree to yam and mash with a fork like mashed potatoes. Add more puree if needed.
- Add pecans and bacon and mix together.
- Stuff chicken with yam mixture.
- Heat a oven proof skillet on the stove and saute chicken breast for 3 minutes on each side.
- Put skillet in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.