Mexican Stir-FryFrom celiac_ceahow_martine 6 years ago
- cooking oil spray shopping list
- 1/2 med onion, diced shopping list
- 3 lg cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 t to 1 T chili powder (to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 t cumin powder shopping list
- 1/2 t kosher salt shopping list
- 1 lg cactus (nopale) pad, spines removed & julienned shopping list
- 2 chayote squash, pit removed and julienned shopping list
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed & chunked shopping list
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lime shopping list
- sour cream, plain yogurt, or buttermilk if necessary to cut the "heat" if you added too much chili powder. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to med-high.
- Saute the onions, garlic, & spices in cooking spray for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust heat to high and add cactus & chayote, stirring constantly, for 4 more minutes.
- Add the tomatillos & cilantro and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add lime juice, taste & adjust seasonings, & serve.
- CEA-HOW Note: If it's too hot, you can always subtract some of your protein serving and use a bit of plain yogurt or buttermilk on this dish to cool down the heat-factor.