Pork Tenderloin W-applesFrom beachopn 7 years ago
How to make it
- In small bowl, mix apple juice, brown sugar & ginger - set aside
- Trim any excess fat from roast, coat with salt & pepper
- In a little oil in fry pan, brown roast on ALL sides to seal in juices
- Drape foil in roasting pan in both directions with enough to cover the roast all around
- Place quartered apples in foil lined pan
- Place browned roast over apples
- Slowly pour the apple juice mixture over top of roast and rub in
- Cover with the foil
- Bake at 325 for about an hour until temp reaches 155 degrees
- Start checking when you begin to smell it
- Let the roast rest for 10-15 mins before slicing so juices can settle
- You can serve the apples over top of the roast
- If cooking in a crock pot, do the same but cook for 7-8 hrs on low.
- Browning the meat makes it better for slicing.. not browning makes it better for pulling off chunks.. can't go wrong either way!