TORTILLA CASSEROLEFrom rockyruby 4 years ago
- 2 pounds chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can of black beans, drained but not rinsed. shopping list
- large jar of salsa - your choice on flavor(we make our own, so it's pretty hot) shopping list
- 24 oz. Mexican Quesadilla Fresh Semi-Soft Melting cheese, shredded shopping list
- 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the chorizo with the garlic and onions
- When almost done, add the black beans
- After the beans get a little tender, add salsa, continue to heat throughly.
- Fry the tortillas and drain on paper towels.
- Using large, glass baking dish, lay four tortillas on the bottom of the dish, somewhat overlapping.
- Spread the sausage mixture over the tortillas and add some of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times and top off with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and center is hot. Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
- We topped off with a little more salsa and some sour cream...enjoy!