Autumn Potato GratinFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 4 pounds mixed baby potatoes, such as Red Bliss, Peruvian Purples, and Fingerlings shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream, plus some to cover shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 2 sprigs each fresh thyme, sage, and rosemary shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, cracked shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve the potatoes and toss them into a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, put the cream, butter, herbs, and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, to infuse the cream with flavor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot cream mixture through a strainer over the potatoes, (discard the herbs and garlic), if there is not enough cream to go 3/4 of the way up the potatoes then pour some additional cream on top to make up the difference.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and top begins to brown.
- Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.