LasagneFrom papunette 6 years ago
- 350 g. mince meat (half beef and half pork) shopping list
- 300g. plum tomato shopping list
- 250g. lasagne sheets shopping list
- 1 pint of milks shopping list
- A bit of nutmeg shopping list
- Half a carrot shopping list
- Bit of celery shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 40 g. of butter shopping list
- 4 table spoon of plain flour shopping list
- salt shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Now, bear in mind that you need some time to make lasagne, therefore choose a day when you have some spare time. The best thing to do, as it takes time, it is to make bit more than your actual servings, so that you can have your meal ready also for the following day. And, trust me, baked pasta always offer their best the day after.
- To make the meat sauce (i.e. easy Bolognese sauce): chop the carrot, onion and celery very fine and stir fry them in extra virgin olive oil. Add the mince meat, stir fry for 10 minutes, then cover with the plum tomato and let it cook for 40 minutes. Add some water if necessary.
- In the mean time, start making the besciamelle sauce. It is much easier than the meat sauce: once the butter is soft, mix it with flour. Incorporate the flour slowly, in order to avoid lumps. Pour a third of milk, salt, grated nutmeg, bit of grated parmesan cheese and heat it up, pouring gradually the rest of the milk, but before the milk gets too hot. After 10 minutes the besciamelle sauce will start to thicken.Leave it on the side.
- Next step: if you are good or brave enough make your own lasagne sheet, other wise spend a pound and buy already made ones. There are some good ones around, find your favourite ones. V.I.T! (very important tip!): do boil your lasagne sheet before baking them! I don’t know way some packs say to put it straight in the oven. It is better not to do it: Why? Try.
- When the lasagne sheets are soft enough (it takes 2/3 minutes boiling time per sheet) start to build up you layers. Sheets, Bolognese sauce, besciamelle, then again sheets, Bolognese sauce and besciamelle until you finish all the ingredients. As top layer cover lasagne sheets with besciamelle and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- After this great job, put in the oven for 35 minutes and take a rest.
- Share your meal with your family and your friends and have a good time. Your effort and time will be rewarded by their happy faces.
The Cookpapunette London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!