Black Cherry Pork ChopsFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 (8 oZ) bone-in pork chops shopping list
- seasoning - salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cp butter shopping list
- 3/4 cp sliced shallots shopping list
- 1 1/2 cps fresh black cherries, pitted and halved shopping list
- 2 tblsps red wine (table is fine) shopping list
- 1/4 cp beef stock shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper
- Brown pork chops in the hot oil (should be about 120 seconds each side)
- Place the pork chops on baking sheet.
- Bake until the pork chops are no longer pink in the center (about 20 minutes).
- While baking, melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat
- Stir in shallot & cherries
- Cook until the shallot has begun to soften, about 120 seconds
- Mix in the red wine and beef stock and simmer
- Season with rosemary, and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper before pouring over the pork chops to serve.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating4 people
Ya'! Now this sounds sooo yummy, did anyone say 'pork'? whew! no more Turkey till next year!:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Black /cherry Pork sounds great. I have to try this real soon.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!