Blueberry Bran MuffinsFrom cliff 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran (I just used All Bran original cereal) shopping list
- 1 cup nonfat milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (fresh if possible) blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners. Mix together wheat bran and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat in bran mixture. Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. (If you don’t have a sifter or don’t want to dig it out of the cabinet, just use a whisk it! That’s what I do.) Stir into bran mixture until just blended. Fold in blueberries. Scoop into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped.
- Eat these warm and slathered with butter! (You know, to cancel out the “low-fat” aspect of this recipe.)
- Taken from witandwhistle.com