Soupe Au Poisson AcadienFrom cookwithfeeling 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. of fresh haddock or cod shopping list
- 4 potatoes sliced thin shopping list
- 2 onions sliced thin shopping list
- whole milk or blend , 2 cups or more. shopping list
- 1/4 lb. chopped up salt pork or 2 tbs. butter. shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- savoury ,about 1 tsp. shopping list
- water or mild chicken broth. shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot add the pork and cook until well browned.take out the pcs. of pork.. use butter if you want..
- place a layer of potatoes in the pot ,top with some onions and a little salt and pepper. repeat layers until potatoes and onions are gone.
- put the fish on top ,sprinkle summer savoury over everything
- add enough water to cover potatoes
- cover,bring to boil , lower heat cook slowly until potatoes are soft,about 15 mins.
- take off heat make sure the soup is not still boiling when you add the milk. i sometimes heat the milk up in a pot first then add it to the chowder..
- return soup to heat and simmer until hot.
- before serving ,stir the soup a bit and add more butter if you like.
- if you are using frozen fish thaw it first!!.