gluten free Tex Mex CasseroleFrom rabid 5 years ago
- 1 ½ lb lean ground beef (ground unseasoned pork or finely cubed chicken) shopping list
- 2 pk taco seasoning (spiciness your choice) shopping list
- 15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained) shopping list
- 7 oz can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 12 oz frozen corn shopping list
- 24 oz salsa (spiciness your choice) shopping list
- 15 oz diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 pk Spanish rice mix shopping list
- 1 Tbsp corn starch shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp chili powder shopping list
- 8 oz shredded cheese (cheddar or taco blend) shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 12 oz sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Fry ground beef in taco seasoning according to directions
- Place black beans, diced tomatoes, green chilies salt and 2/3 of salsa in a 3 qt pan and bring to a boil until thoroughly heated. Stir in corn starch and stir until thickened.
- Cook Spanish rice mix according to directions adding remaining salsa to the mix.
- Cover bottom of a 9 X13 with half of the salsa/ corn/ bean mixture
- Lay 6 corn tortillas on top of mixture (overlapping as necessary)
- Spread Spanish rice evenly over tortillas
- Scatter ½ of ground beef over rice
- Spread remaining half of the salsa/ corn/ bean mixture
- Cut remaining 6 corn tortillas into 1/4” strips and scatter over top of casserole
- Scatter remaining ground beef and top with cheese and sprinkle with chili powder
- Ideally casserole should go together while ingredients are still hot. Place in 250 oven for 20 min.
- serve with sour cream (optional)
The Cookrabid Roanoke, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!