Broccoli With A Low-fat Alfredo SauceFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- 1 eight ounce block of low-fat cream cheese, cut into six pieces shopping list
- 2-3 cups of 2% milk shopping list
- 2 TB of any fat-free "butter" or margarine shopping list
- 2 TB flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 pound "steamer-style" bag of frozen broccoli, steamed shopping list
- *Optional- cook 1 pound of cooked fettucini shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium frying pan or pot over a medium flame, melt the butter and add the flour, mixing well to make a roux.
- Add the cream cheese and stir into the roux, letting the cheese melt before adding the milk.
- Add the milk slowly, stirring well.
- Add the parmesan cheese and wisk into the sauce until thick and smooth.
- Add the cooked broccoli, stir and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce on to a plate or over pasta
- I know that cream is used for a richer sauce but please note that the recipe above was made to reduce the fat content in the sauce. The flour/butter roux worked perfectly to give the sauce a thicker and richer texture.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating5 people
Sound goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Very nice!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Sounds yummy. I like the reduced fat recipe so that I can eat more! ^5a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!