Chicken Apple Sausage Bread PuddingFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 fully cooked links of chicken apple sausage/Bruce Aidel is what I used shopping list
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and julienned shopping list
- 1 leek, sliced in half moons shopping list
- equivalent of 4 whole eggs/egg beaters about one cup shopping list
- 3/4 to 1 cup of skim milk shopping list
- 4 ounces of monterey jack cheese, grated divided-I think a sharp cheddar would be better, but jack is what I had on hand. shopping list
- 2 tbsp of melted butter, divided shopping list
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, unsplit, cubed shopping list
- 1/3 tsp of adobo seasoning shopping list
- pinch of pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the cooked sausage in half and then cut in slices, between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thicik.
- Slice leeks and cook til soft in 1/2 the butter.
- Toss prepped apple, sausage and cooked leeks together. Let cool.
- Whip eggs with 3/4 cup to 1 cup of skim milk, season with adobo and a pinch of pepper.
- Pour over the cubed english muffins and fold in sausage mixture and half of the grated cheese.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart glass casserole dish liberally coated with the remaining melted butter.
- Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
yummmm what else can i say it sounds really wonderful
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I agree with my Friend 'TINK'!
"YUMMMMM" '+' "5"FORK!!!!! Delicious
Flavors combined to make a 'Taste Treat'!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Love this recipe! Sounds delicious!juels in Clayton loved it