Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom pamela 10 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 8 oz tortilla chips, corn shopping list
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup salsa, chunky style shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (this is optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Add the chicken to a large pot on medium heat, saute in the oil for 5 minutes. Mix in the cumin and garlic, combine well. Then add the broth, onion, corn, salsa, chili powder, and lemon juice. Lower the heat to low setting and simmer for around 20-30 minutes.
- Break up some tortilla chips and place them into individual bowls. Pour the soup over chips and sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese (optional) and a some sour cream.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
The Rating5 people
Will try this one and let you know.
By chance do you have a recipe for a tortilla casserole??helewes in Newton loved it
I made this for my hubby a few weeks ago and he LOVES it! It is now a weekly meal for us, thanks a million!melsa102 in Acworth loved it
this sounds amazing cant wait to tryjoeboudreau in Syracuse loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!