Ancient Grains BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 pkg instant yeast shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup rye flakes shopping list
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- 3 tbsp amaranth grain shopping list
- 1/3 cup quinoa shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1/3 cup skim milk powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups warm water shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk together yeast, flours, rye flakes, flaxseed, amaranth, quinoa, soy flour, wheat gluten, skim milk powder and salt.
- Stir in warm water and honey, mixing thoroughly to form a cohesive, fairly firm (but workable) dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board or knead with the dough hook for 12 minutes, until very elastic and smooth.
- Place into a bowl, cover and allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Roll rested dough into a log shape and tuck into a greased loaf pan.
- Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise 50-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slash the top of the loaf 2-3 times with a sharp knife or lame.
- Bake 40 minutes. Turn out of pan immediately and cool on a rack before slicing.