Christmas cookiesFrom philfull 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the egg and milk. Sift in flour and stir until combined and forms a dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (or use a silicon mat).
- Tear off a third of the dough and add a DROP of red food colouring. Mix the dough until it is not longer streaky. (2 thirds dough= "white". 1 third= "red")
- Now the fun starts! Use the white and red dough to form long sausages. (Only use a small amount of dough at a time).
- On a very lightly floured surface take a lump of white and a smaller lump of red and roll into sausages. Add together and twist and thin out to get a candy cane ribboned look. Cut off into small sections and transfer to the baking tray. Shape into canes on the baking tray.
- Cook for 8mins or so. (Just before they start to brown).