Simple Vegan White SauceFrom mrwrigglesworth 4 years ago
How to make it
- Sieve flour. Not strictly necessary, but gives a slightly smoother texture to the sauce,
- Melt margarine in a small pan on a medium heat.
- Once melted, add sieved flour and mix until all flour looks like hard boiled egg yolk. This should happen almost immediately. If there is any loose flour don't worry about so long as most of it is mixed.
- Add rice milk into the pan slowly whilst whisking.
- Once all milk is added, sprinkle over it the powdered vegetable stock and continue whisking.
- Keep heating and whisking for 10 minutes. The above ingredients will produce a relatively thick sauce; if you want something thinner then continue adding more rice milk until you achieve the desired consistency.
The Cookmrwrigglesworth Adelaide, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!