Spicy Sour Chicken SaladFrom floridiangourmet 7 years ago
- 1 chicken breast cut into 1/4 in slices shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 10 baby carrots cut in half shopping list
- 1 cup of sliced napa cabbage or romaine lettuce shopping list
- 10 whole almonds shopping list
- 2 green onions sliced lengthwise in thin threads shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced thin shopping list
- 1 in peeled whole ginger or 1/4 tsp dried shopping list
- 1 jalapeno sliced in half ( reserve half) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 TBS rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp Floridian spiced sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli shopping list
- 1 TBS peanut oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a mortar grind the sugar, ginger, garlic and 1/2 jalapeno until smooth. Add the fish sauce, peanut butter, dried chilli and vinegar and mix until a paste forms.
- Marinate the chicken in the paste for 2 hours.
- On a plate arrange the napa, bean sprouts, carrots and 1/2 of the jalapeno like a salad and set aside.
- In a wok or non-stick pan heat the oil for at least 2 minutes on a high flame.
- Add the green onion and fry 1 minute, then push off to the side of the pan.
- Add chicken and lay it down flat in the pan being careful not to overlap pieces and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip each piece over and repeat. Add the almonds and mix for 1 minute making sure to scrape all browned pieces from bottom of pan.
- Pour over salad and serve
The Cookfloridiangourmet Hudson, FL
The Rating4 people
Now this beats mickey d's for sure!!! There salads are like for desparado's eh? HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Now this one is really different. Fascinating. Can't help but try it. Thanks for the post. A 5 from me for ingenuity.tablescape in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!