Oats and Chocolate ShortbreadFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- ½ cup salted (important!) butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp packed demerara sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- ¼ cup brown rice flour (or cornstarch) shopping list
- ¾ cup quick rolled oats (not instant, the 5-to-10 minute kind) shopping list
- ¾ cup flour shopping list
- ½ cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate or chocolate chips, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, shortening and sugars until light.
- Add salt and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in the rice flour by hand, followed by rolled oats and flours.
- Fold in the chocolate pieces.
- Divide the dough in half, shape each portion into a log and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 275°F and line 2 sheets with parchment or silicone.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1/2" slices and place about 1/2" apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time for about 40 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Chill remaining dough slices in the fridge in between bakings.
- Let baked cookies cool on the sheets for 5-10 minutes, then move to a rack and cool completely.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!