Blackened Tuna With AsparagusFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound potatoes shopping list
- milk shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 10 medium mushrooms shopping list
- 1 small white onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 pound tuna shopping list
- 12 green asparagus shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Blackening spice: shopping list
- 5 teaspoons mild paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ingredients for the blackening spice.
- Peel onion and cut into half rings then core pepper and cut into strips.
- Mince garlic then wash asparagus and remove lower third of stems.
- Coat tuna with blackening spice.
- Pell potatoes and boil in water for 20 minutes.
- Heat butter in heavy pan then add onions and cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Add sliced pepper then cook another 5 minutes then add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and white wine then set on low heat and continue to simmer.
- Heat olive oil and 4 tablespoons water in heavy saucepan.
- Add a teaspoon salt then add asparagus and cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Heat stainless pan to very high heat then sear tuna stakes for 2 minutes per side.
- Mash potatoes then add vegetables and stir in milk until consistency is right.
- Spread potatoes on plate then put tuna on top and garnish with asparagus.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!