Double Ginger Oatmeal CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- ¼ cup hot water shopping list
- ¾ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- ½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt (omit if using salted butter) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- ¾ cup butter (I used salted), softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup demerara sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats (not instant) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flaxseed and hot water, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light.
- Beat in egg and flaxseed mixture, followed by the vanilla and fresh ginger.
- Gently stir in flour mixture, followed by oats.
- Cover and chill 12 hours (overnight).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool on a baking sheet for 5-6 minutes, move to a wire rack to cool completely
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!