Plum-Glazed Cornish Hens RecipeFrom hopscotch 7 years ago
- 4 large navel oranges, sliced shopping list
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 ounces each), split lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) plums, pitted, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate shopping list
- 1/3 cup chili sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange orange slices in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Top with game hens; sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the plums in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in lemonade concentrate, chili sauce, soy sauce, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce and plums. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set 1 cup of sauce aside. Spoon remaining sauce over hens.
- Bake 30-45 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Sprinkle with coconut if desired. Serve with reserved plum sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!