APPLE-TOPPED PORK CHOPSFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 boneless pork loin chops ( 4-oz each ) shopping list
- 1 tsp. canola oil shopping list
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. butter or stick margarine shopping list
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs. un-sweetened apple juice, divided shopping list
- ¼ cup honey shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a non-stick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Place in an 11-inch x 7-inch x 2-inch baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen owned bits. Pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile. In the same skillet, saute apples in butter for 3 – 4 minutes. Add ½ cup apple juice and honey; cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Spoon over chops. Bake, un-covered, for 5 – 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove chops and apples to a serving platter and keep warm, reserving pan juices.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth; add reserved pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork and apples. Yield: 4 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: One serving equals 338 calories, Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 69mg, Carbohydrate: 32g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 25g
- Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 fat.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Delicious!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
yum..HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
luv this porkchop havemade similar delicous thanks EDmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Pork To Go97 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
An Apple A Day30 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members
Quick And Easy25 members
Too Much Pork For Just One Fork15 members