molasses sugar cookiesFrom dutchie326 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups shortening shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- .Melt the shortening in a large pan on the stove, and cool.
- .Add sugar, eggs, and molasses, beat well.
- .In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and add to the pan.
- Mix well and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- .Form into walnut-size balls.
- Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- .Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes.
- .Store in an airtight container to keep from getting overly crisp.
- If they do lose their softness, an easy way to restore it is to place one slice of fresh bread in the container with the cookies for a couple of hours or overnight and they will be soft again!
- And watch these carefully as they burn easily. Worth the effort though.