Turkey Bird SandwichesFrom sosousme 5 years ago
- 8 slices French bread (I prefer sourdough) shopping list
- Thinly sliced turkey breast meat shopping list
- 1 large can roasted chilies(such as Ortega), cut in half to open them up shopping list
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or if you prefer, swiss cheese or American) shopping list
- Softened butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bread on a clean surface, layer one side with the turkey, cover with the chilies then put the cheese on top. Close to make a sandwich. Butter both outsides of the bread with the softened butter. Heat a frying pan, grill pan or panini press to medium high. Put the sandwiches on and fry until lightly browned (place a plate on the top if frying in a fry pan or griddle to form a press); when browned, turn and repeat on the other side. Cut in half and serve.
- LindySez: If you like, you can put some fried bacon on these as well.