Ricotta Pie with Pineapple ToppingFrom jaki44 4 years ago
- 1 tble. unsalted butter, at room temp. shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tble. cornstarch shopping list
- 15 oz. container ricotta cheese (whole milk preferably) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tble. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make pie: Spread the butter over the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Add the crumbs, turning the pan to coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Add the ricotta, eggs, cream, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until smooth. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the pie is set around the edges but still slightly soft in the center. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the topping: Drain the pineapple well, reserving 1/2 cup of the syrup. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the reserved 1/2 cup pineapple syrup and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the drained pineapple and stir to combine. Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly.
- To serve, spread the pineapple mixture over the pie. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 to 2 hours before serving.
The Cookjaki44 Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!