Dutch Apple PieFrom puppaluvin 7 years ago
- 1 box of pie crust that you only add water to make shopping list
- 6 apples (granny smith apples and 3 red delicious apples, peeled cored and cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Set a bakingsheet on the bottom rack. In a bowl, toss the apples, lemon juice, sugar, 1/4 cup of the flour, vanilla extract and the cinnamon.
- On a floured surface, roll a disk of the dough to a 13-inch round; fit it into a deep 10-inch glass pie plate and brush the overhang with water. Crimp the overhang. Spoon in the apples. (feel free to sprinkle on some extra cinnamon if you like, I did)
- In a bowl, mix flour, light brown sugar, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add the 6 tablespoons of softened butter and rub the mixture until sandy. Add the walnuts. Press the mixture into clumps and sprinkle over the pie.
- Bake the pie at 375 for about 30 minutes then lower the temp to 325 for the remaining 45 minutes. Cover the edges with foil if they begins to darken.
- Allow pie to cool for 4 hours before serving.
The Cookpuppaluvin West Warwick, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!