Chicken In Green Almond SauceFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 pounds chicken pieces shopping list
- 1 large white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup blanched almonds shopping list
- 10 ounces tomatillos shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet over moderate heat and brown chicken lightly on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to a large heatproof casserole with a lid.
- Sauté onion and garlic in the same skillet until tender but not brown.
- Add to the casserole along with chicken stock, orange juice, sherry, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat until chicken is tender about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile combine almonds, tomatillos with liquid and cilantro in blender until smooth.
- Add sauce to the casserole and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.