Pear amp Fig TrifleFrom nmajor 3 years ago
- 4 ripe (but not too ripe) bartlett pears peeled, core and cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of 100% pomegranate juice shopping list
- 2/3 cup of a good port shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh figs shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate shopping list
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1/4 sugar shopping list
- 8 cups of Italian panettone, cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds shopping list
- 1/3 cup of shaved white choclate shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat over to 400 F
- Put pears, port and pomegrante juice in a bowl and coats pear pieces
- Transfer to a over proof baking dish
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Add chopped figs and cook for another 15 minutes
- Let cool then transfer to another bowl and refrigerate to cool
- You could do the above a couple of hours before hand and then just let it cool on the counter
- Pace 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small pot (I use a double pot with water), heat cream and add the chopped white chocolate, stir until well blended, no chocolate chunks, and remove from heat to cool.
- I make this mixture while the fruit is poaching.
- Whip the remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream in a separate bowl until soft peak start to form
- Put the mascarpone and sugar in a (large) mixing bowl and mix at low speed until sugar is blended well
- Fold the whipping cream and white chocolate/cream mixture into the blended mascarpone and sugar and then blend on low - not for long - 30, 45 seconds just to blend everything together well.
- To assemble: place half (4 cups) of the panettone in your trifle bowl, top evenly with half the fruit and juices (use a large tablespoon that way you can distribute more evenly versus using a big soup ladle); now top with half the cream mixture, spreading it to cover and then repeat.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and white chocolcate shavings
- Sinfully delicious ;) Enjoy!
The Cooknmajor Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!