Escarole Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Warm White BeanFrom canned_food_fan 7 years ago
- For the tomatoes: shopping list
- 1 pound (about 6) large plum tomatoes, each cut in 6 wedges shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste* shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon chopped, fresh tarragon shopping list
- For the Warm White Bean Vinaigrette dressing: shopping list
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt, to taste* shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- For the salad: shopping list
- 1 pound escarole lettuce mix, including radicchio, escarole, frisée, chicory and mâche or shopping list
- 2 pounds of the same lettuce in heads, cleaned of damaged leaves, cored, washed and shopping list
- broken in bite-size pieces shopping list
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced shopping list
- 2 ounces (about 1/3 cup) pitted black olives, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Toss the tomatoes and oil on a large sheet pan and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with tarragon and cool. When just cool to the touch, lift carefully with a spatula to make sure the tomatoes are not sticking to the pan.
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a skillet.
- Toss the lettuces and scallions in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the dressing until simmering, stirring often; add more water if needed to keep it the texture of unbeaten cream. Toss the dressing with the lettuces. Mound on a large platter or on individual plates. Scatter the olives on top and arrange the roasted tomatoes decoratively on and around the salad.
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!