Planked Salmon With Honey Balsamic GlazeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 salmon fillets shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- Melted butter for brushing salmon shopping list
- 2 untreated cedar planks soaked in water to cover for at least 12 hours shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil for oiling planks shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice salmon fillets about 8 to 10 sliced angles into flesh to help completely soak in the glaze
- In a small bowl mix salt, pepper and dry mustard
- In a medium glass bowl heat honey in the microwave for 30 seconds to liquefy further.
- Remove from microwave and mix in balsamic vinegar
- Brush top of the salmon fillets with melted butter.
- Season flesh side with the spice mixture.
- Brush with the honey balsamic mixture reserving some for later
- Put the soaked planks under hot broiler about 5 inches from heat source for 3 minutes
- Carefully remove planks from the oven
- Brush browned surface olive oil then lay salmon fillets on oiled surface skin side down
- Put 2 cookie sheets in the oven below where the planks will go to catch any glazes or juices
- Return planks to the broiler and cook fish for 10 minutes.
- Baste with honey balsamic and place in oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes then remove to platter and serve immediately
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!